At Winning Smiles we understand that our patients are individuals with differing wants and needs which is why we offer a range of filling options to suit all.
Our tooth coloured fillings fall into two categories,
- budget – for those who want an alternative to mercury (grey metal) fillings but want to keep costs as low as possible
- italian (cosmetic) fillings
Tooth coloured (white fillings) require a 100% moisture free environment during their placement – which is why we use a dental dam for any white fillings we do at the back of the mouth. (As used by cosmetic dentists in the US).
For our standard white fillings we use a reputable but lower cost white filling material. The results are white fillings that are durable and tooth coloured.
- relatively low cost
- typically our members will pay £90-£110*
- 12 month guarantee only (our Premium Italian Fillings are guaranteed for 5 years)
- Aesthetically less well integrated – ie not invisible
Our Premium Italian fillings are simply the best: a fusion of the gold standard technique (as learned under Dr Lorenzo Vanini of Italy) with the gold standard cosmetic filling material (Enamel Plus from Mycerium – developed by Dr Vanini).
- 5 year guarantee (Dr Vanini has shown that these fillings can last up to 20 years)
- Indistinguishable from natural tooth enamel (practically invisible)
- These fillings take longer to do – ie more time in the chair
- The cost is higher than standard white fillings – typically £74-£168*
Grey (mercury/amalgam) fillings
OK, we recognise that these fillings are largely a relic of our past but in certain very specific situations (eg a molar tooth right at the back where the area can’t be 100% dry during filling placement) there is still a place for the humble amalgam! (White fillings need a 100% moisture free environment).
The other reason why a patient might want a grey filling is to keep costs down!
- Low cost (typically £90-£110)
- Reliable – (5 year guarantee)
- Poor appearance
- Larger grey fillings can encourage cracks in teeth (not recommended)
- Public perception that they are bad for health (there is no evidence for this)
*Prices quoted are for members on our Care Plan – it’s free to join! Find out more, click here.