A Few Missing Teeth
Dental Implant Bridges are one of the most lifelike and natural looking solutions out there for replacing a few missing teeth.
The teeth are porcelain which fit over a metal structure inside the mouth. This gives a secure and realistic solution.
They can be used for anything from 2 teeth to a whole jaw, but the real benefit is that because of the ‘bridge’, less implants need to be used. Not only does this mean better surgery for you, it also makes it more cost effective for what you receive.
It can even be as little as 2 implants for 4 teeth.
The historical alternative, are traditional dental bridges which do have their downsides.
Dental bridges have been around for 100 years. Until dental implants came along dental bridges were considered the gold standard treatment for the replacement of single teeth or a number of teeth. Bridges require some sound teeth to attach to – usually either side of a gap.
Advantages of bridges
- Can achieve excellent aesthetic results
- Long lived (10 years possible)
- Feel like real teeth
- Quick – bridges can be completed in 2 weeks
- Stay put and don’t move around
- Fixed in place (not removable like dentures)
- Less expensive than implants
- Require solid teeth to fix to
- Bridge support teeth have to be drilled down to make room for the bridge-bridge support teeth will often fail in the long term because of the extra strain on them (5 yrs +)
- Not suitable for replacing more than 2 teeth in a row
- Not possible if large number of teeth are missing
- Not possible if teeth missing do not have a solid tooth behind them to act as a back bridge support
- More expensive than dentures
Cost from £1,800
We also provide temporary Bridges which cost from £368
The Free Consultation
Without seeing things for ourselves, we often can’t people on their options.
So with that in mind, we are happy to offer free consultations, as this is a big decision for most people. We are careful to take budget, comfort and appearance into account when explaining all the available choices and there is never any pressure to proceed, and certainly not on the day.
We set out to be a friendly practice and try to provide everybody with what’s right for them, at an affordable cost. We hope our dentist reviews give that impression.
Alternatively, call us on 01708 697 805 to book your free consultation.
What they say about us
Diane – Tears…of Joy!
As promised at the end of last year…… an update for you all.
My implants (two incisors)were done only a week ago. To my amazement I was grazing away on chip shop food within 2 hours of the operation.
Today I returned to have the stitches removed and a small adjustment made to the temporaries.
I left Andrews surgery almost in tears – OF JOY!!!
I see a very very bright light at the end of the tunnel.
What a team – thank you all.
Anxious Patient – Delighted
I have just finished my treatment with Winning Smiles, I had three single porcelain implants. I cannot praise Andrew and his team highly enough. I was a very anxious patient, but they have reassured and made me comfortable during every visit.
I am absolutely delighted with the treatment I have received, and would highly recommend Andrew and the Winning Smiles team